Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reality Estate

The life of a freelancer, bouncing back and forth between assignments. This week's interviews will be Todd Rundgren, a wizard a true star, and Coldwell Banker CEO Jim Gillespie. Todd is touring next month, playing all the songs from his 1974 album Todd and 1981's Healing. I'm writing a piece for the Muskegon Chronicle and another for Progression Magazine. Having been a fan of Todd's since 1975 and seen him perform probably more than any other artist, I'm pretty geeked about the interview and the show. He'll be at home in Hawaii when we chat. Muskegon is one of only six stops on the tour.

Jim isn't performing anywhere to my knowledge, but will be sharing his insights for my upcoming article in the Traverse City Business News. I met him while at Coldwell Banker Schmidt when he attended the company's statewide convention, and he's a really great guy. I've seen some of the interviews he's done on the likes of CNBC and he's very personable while being very knowledgeable, an all-too-rare combination.

No comments: